Whether you’re buying a new home or re-insuring one, it’s essential to ensure that you have adequate cover to protect both the building and the contents of your home.

With our panel of provider’s we can provide up to £400,000 worth of buildings cover and £50,000 worth of contents cover as standard.

Building’s cover includes the following significant features and benefits,

  • £400,000 Buildings Insurance – This can be increased to £600,000 for an additional premium
  • Up to £2,000,000 Property Owner’s Liability Cover
  • Up to £60,000 alternative accommodation for you and your pets
  • Up to £2,000 for loss or damage to your trees, shrubs, plants, hedges and lawn
  • Up to £5,000 for Trace & Access to leaking water or oil

Contents cover includes the following significant features and benefits,

  • £50,000 Contents Insurance – This can be increased to £75,000 for an additional premium
  • Up to £2,000,000 Occupiers’ Liability Cover
  • Up to £10,000 alternative accommodation for you and your pets
  • Up to £15,000 for specified items & valuables
  • Up to £5,000 per item for any unspecified contents
  • Up to £2,000 per item for jewellery, gold and silver articles, furs, clocks, watches, pictures, other works of art, sculptures and collections of stamps, medals or coins unless specified
  • Up to £3,000 theft cover for items in your garage or outbuildings
  • Replacement of food from your freezer that has been spoilt by accidental change in temperature
  • Up to £1,000 for loss or damage to contents in the open within the grounds of your home
  • Business equipment covered if you work from home
  • Replacement items settled on a new for old basis if they cannot be economically repaired
  • Increased contents cover for wedding gifts is available for one month before and one month after the wedding day up to £2,500.

What’s not covered?

As with all insurance policies there are certain circumstances when your client will not be able to make a claim, known as exclusions.

Some examples of exclusions include:

  • Any loss or damage caused by wet rot or dry rot
  • General wear and tear
  • Storm or flood damage to fences, hedges and gates
  • Loss or damage by some events which occur after the insured property has been unoccupied for more than 60 days
  • Loss or damage by theft or malicious damage is excluded unless force and violence is used to get into or out of your home
  • There is no Personal Liability cover provided by the policy

The default excess will be £100* however you may choose the excess you require for your policy. The options range from £50 to £500. The excess for the buildings is separate to the excess for the contents. If a claim occurs affecting both Buildings & Contents, only the single higher excess will apply.

*Subsidence claims under the Buildings Section is subject to a minimum £1,000 excess.

£250 standard policy excess for Escape of water or oil (or the excess stated in your certificate, whichever is the greater)

To see how we could help get you the most suitable cover in place for your home insurance needs, please call Brooke Financial on 01132555762 for a no obligation quote.

Quick Contact

The internet is not a secure medium and the privacy of your data is not guaranteed.

Quality Financial Advice with a
Wealth of Experience

© Copyright - Brooke Financial 2017
Brooke Financial is a trading name of Ideal Money Solutions ltd. Ideal Money Solutions Ltd is an appointed representative of Openwork Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. www.fca.org.uk. Our registration number is 429304. Our registered address is Suite 7, 2nd Floor, West 44 Richardshaw Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 7UR.

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
 Financial Advisers
The information on this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore targeted at consumers in the UK. Listed in Financial Advisor Finder
Site Map